1. What is concierge medicine?
Concierge medicine, also known as personalized healthcare, is a proactive style of medical practice that places a strong emphasis on wellness and disease prevention through highly personalized care. In this model, patients pay an annual membership fee and are part of a smaller patient panel, which ensures the physician has more time to devote to each individual’s healthcare needs. This fosters a stronger doctor-patient relationship and enables convenient and personalized care when it’s needed the most.
2. How does Talley Concierge Medicine differ from Dr Talley’s previous practice?
Talley Concierge Medicine differs from Dr. Talley’s previous practice in several ways. Firstly, Dr. Talley’s patient panel for concierge medicine is intentionally smaller, allowing for more focused and individualized care. This means longer appointment times, prompt access to Dr. Talley, and a greater emphasis on preventive care. Additionally, the membership fee provides patients with enhanced services and conveniences that may not be available in traditional healthcare settings.
3. What are the benefits of concierge medicine?
Concierge medicine offers numerous benefits for patients. Some key advantages include:
- Personalized and attentive care: With a smaller patient panel, concierge physicians can dedicate more time and attention to each patient’s needs, resulting in a more personalized and thorough approach to healthcare.
- Direct communication: Patients have the convenience of same-day or next-day appointments, longer appointment times, and direct communication with their physician via phone or email.
- Preventive care focus: Concierge medicine emphasizes proactive health management and disease prevention through regular screenings, comprehensive evaluations, and tailored wellness plans.
- Coordination of care: Concierge physicians often act as advocates for their patients, assisting in coordinating specialist referrals, reviewing medical records, and ensuring seamless transitions between healthcare providers.
4. Is concierge medicine covered by insurance?
While concierge medicine requires a membership fee, this fee is not paid by insurance and is directly paid by the patient. It is important to note that the fee does not cover insurance claims. However, patients can still use their insurance. Our staff can answer any specific questions.
5. How can I become a member of the concierge practice?
Becoming a member of Dr Talley’s concierge practice is simple. Just contact our office, and our friendly staff will provide you with all the necessary information regarding membership options, fees, and the enrollment process. We will guide you through the steps to ensure a seamless transition to the personalized and comprehensive care provided by our concierge practice.
6. What happens if I am admitted to the hospital?
If you require hospitalization, rest assured that we will closely coordinate your care throughout the process. As your primary care provider, I will communicate with the hospital physicians with your permission, provide them with your medical history, and collaborate on your treatment plan. I may also visit you during your hospital stay to ensure continuity of care.
7. What if I need specialty care?
If you require specialty care, such as seeing a cardiologist, dermatologist, or any other specialist, I will assist you in finding the right specialist for your specific needs. With my extensive network of trusted specialists, I can make appropriate referrals, share relevant medical records, and ensure seamless coordination between our practice and the specialist. I will stay involved in your care, collaborating with the specialist to provide comprehensive and integrated healthcare.
8. What if I need urgent care?
In the event of an urgent medical need, you can reach out to me via phone or text. I will provide guidance, evaluate the situation, and determine the most appropriate course of action. If necessary, I will help facilitate access to your next level of care.
9. What if I need care while I’m away from home?
Even when you’re away from home, your health and well-being remain a priority. If you require medical attention while traveling or away from our practice, you can reach out to me for guidance.
10. What if my doctor is on vacation?
During periods when I am away from the office, I may still be available remotely. In the event I am not, you will have access to an on-call physician to help ensure continuity of care.
11. Do you accept insurance plans?
Yes, we accept insurance plans and do recommend that you maintain your insurance as your membership fee is not a health plan and does not take the place of general health insurance coverage. Please call the office for specific health plan questions.
12. Will I still pay coinsurance, co-pays, and deductibles?
Yes, you will still be responsible for paying your health plan’s specified co-pay, coinsurance, and deductibles. These costs are not included in the membership fee.
13. Does insurance cover my membership fee?
No, insurance companies do not cover membership fees and consider this a non-covered benefit.
14. What if I want to cancel my membership?
You may cancel your membership at any time with a 30-day notice, and you will be refunded at a prorated rate, provided you have not had your comprehensive annual wellness exam. Once the comprehensive annual wellness exam has been performed, there is no refund.
15. How do I join the practice?
Simply call our office, and we will be happy to provide you with information and facilitate your membership into Dr. Talley’s concierge practice.
16. Is there a limit to the number of patients in the practice?
Yes, we maintain an ideal number of patients to provide individualized, highly specific care. Once we have reached our optimal practice size, we will create a waitlist.